Review date: November 04, 2020
Here, at LearnDeck, we take your privacy very seriously and will use your personal information to administer your account and provide the products and services you requested from us. However, from time to time, we would contact you with details of other new services and offers only if you consent to us contacting you for this purpose.
We collect personal information when you willingly agree to use our services.
Information we collect:
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, create a course, register as a learner, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, gender, email address, mailing address, city or location, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information:
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information like IP address, location etc.
Web browser cookies:
How we use the collected information?
LearnDeck will use your personal information to improve our services and provide you with a more personalised experience on our site.
We may also use your personal information to prevent, detect, and investigate illegal or fraudulent activities.
LearnDeck collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide location-based services: We use your geo-location for providing location-based services like tutor search.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: We may use sensitive information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We process these transactions through 3rd party payment processing websites. We do not save or share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails, calls, SMS, and notifications: The email address and mobile number users provide for sign up or order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates about their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How do we protect your personal information?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information:
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. Any member can update their Privacy Settings from their account to determine which details to become public.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. Also, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s terms and policies.
Right to be forgotten
If at any point in time you want to withdraw your consent or want your profile to be removed from our site you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be deleted from our databases and all data will be permanently deleted.
Notice to End Users
Our web-based services are intended for use by organizations, schools and professionals. Where the web-based services are made available to you through an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization is the administrator of the web-based services and is responsible for the accounts in web-based services over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the web-based services is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization or school, which may be different than this policy.
- Restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the web-based services;
- Access information in and about your account;
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- Install or uninstall third-party apps or other integrations.
The administrator of the account in web-based services will assert administrative control over your account and use of the web-based services
You will be able to change the email address associated with your account only upon the administrator’s approval.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
Consent to these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Please contact us at: